Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for octopus in a traditional airfryer, quick and easy to prepare!
If you did not know how to prepare a Galician octopus recipe in the air fryer, here you have all the ingredients, step by step and some tips.
Galician wing octopus It is a typical and authentic recipe from Spain that has its origin in Galicia and that has remained a traditional recipe in Spanish gastronomy for many years.
Galician-style octopus can be cooked in a pressure cooker or in the microwave, but in this case we bought the octopus leg already cooked (the Mercadona octopus tray).
It does not have much mystery how to prepare Galician octopus with the air fryerIt is quite easy and also a healthy recipe.
I like to accompany octopus, which is why I have prepared this recipe for Galician octopus in a airfryer with potatoes.
There is a type of Galician octopus recipe by Argentine cooks that is also very good.
I have not used a gourmet octopus or anything, a plate of octopus already cooked from the Hacendado brand, although it could also be made with frozen octopus.
With this recipe for Galician-style octopus in a airfryer you will get an easy, quick and tasty first course.
I recommend you try other air fryer fish recipes such as the air fryer sardines with garlic and parsley recipe, the air fryer monkfish and vegetable skewers recipe or the air fryer calamari recipe
If you liked it, leave a comment or a rating!
Ingredients for octopus recipe in air fryer
- 1 Tray of cooked octopus legs
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp spicy paprika
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Preheat the airfryer to 200 ºC
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices
- In a bowl, mix the potatoes with salt and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We place them in aluminum foil and close it without leaving any gap (a steam cooking mold also works)
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 25 minutes
- Clean the gelatin from the cooked octopus
- We put it in the basket of the air fryer and we spray Olive oil on top
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 8-10 minutes
- Cut the octopus into slices
- First we plate the potatoes and on top the octopus with the spicy paprika on top
- And now we have our octopus cookie recipe ready in a airfryer!
Tips for a good octopus recipe in a airfryer
- To ensure that the potatoes are cooked put them in a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap for 5 minutes at maximum power in the microwave (before cooking in the air fryer)
- When you mix the potatoes with the salt and paprika you can add the spices that you like the most
- It is important to completely cover the potatoes with aluminum foil to keep the heat longer and cook faster
- Leave the octopus with the gelatin it comes with, but I personally don't like excess
- I put the paprika on the plate both to the octopus and to the potatoes
- To protect the air fryer and not stain it, I use an exclusive air fryer silicone protector.
Substitution of ingredients
- Octopus already cooked ➡️ Raw octopus (you have to cook it before passing it through the air fryer)
- Medium potatoes ➡️ Zucchini or eggplant
- Hot paprika ➡️ Sweet paprika or other spices