Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a very healthy recipe for onion flower in a airfryer and with few elaborations, ideal if you have little time.
Although it is a healthy and easy recipe the end result is a nice dish and that all the family and friends will love when you prepare it.
The onion is a vegetable that is cooked in many ways but it is very common to see it in stir-fries, stews or sauces.
In this case we have a recipe for onion flower that It can be used as a starter or perfect appetizer to share.
If you like onions and you run out of ideas to cook, this recipe is perfect for you.
The Air Fryer Onion Flower Recipe It is easy to make, very healthy due to its healthy ingredients and because it is cooked in an air fryer, and it also does not require any time.
It is an ideal recipe for diets or healthy meals because there is no greasy frying and everything is vegetables and healthy flours.
I recommend other healthy recipes in freidair fryer like the air fryer keto stuffed pepper recipe, the air fryer vegetable stew recipe or the air fryer eggplant with tomato sauce and cheese recipe.
If you want more healthy recipes in a airfryer, leave us a comment below!
Ingredients for the air fryer onion flower recipe
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal oatmeal
- Water - 15ml
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the airfryer for 3-4 minutes at 185 ºC
- Cut the onion into quarters without reaching the bottom, cut now in eighths in the same way and then in sixteenths
- Once cut, open the pieces as if they were petals to simulate an onion flower
- Mix the chickpea flour with the water and cover the onion completely (I used a brush)
- Mix the oatmeal, salt and barbecue seasoning to coat the onion inside and out.
- When onion is fully covered, place in air fryer basket with parchment paper underneath.
- Cook in the airfryer for 15 minutes at 185 ºC
- And we already have our onion flower recipe in a airfryer ready!
Tips for a good onion flower recipe in a airfryer
- It is important to be careful not to go all the way down when cutting the cboil so as not to break the flower
- Cover the outside and the inside of the onion both as with the chickpea flour mixture and with the oatmeal mixture
- To cover the onion with the mixtures you can use a brush which is easier or just a spoon
- You must be careful with the cooking time in the air fryer because it depends on the size of the onion so watch the last five minutes
Substitution of ingredients
- Sweet onion ➡️ Regular onion (the traditionally called old onion)
- Chickpea flour ➡️ Regular wheat flour or whole wheat flour (healthier)
- Wholemeal oatmeal ➡️ Regular oatmeal or almond flour (less enough)
- Spices ➡️ You can add or substitute the ones you like the mostI recommend you try the barbecue seasoning with a little garlic powder and herbs de Provence