Prepare some delicious crispy, fat-free fryer onion rings without oil.
At BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a onion ring recipe or fried onion rings with hardly any fat and healthier than the traditional recipel.
Burger King or McDonalds style battered and fried onion rings Kids love itthey are low in calories thanks to the little oil that we are going to use and They are very cheap to prepare..
Due to the high temperature in which the Airfryer cooks the different foods, will cook all onion rings very crispy and tender inside.
Is it an entree or perfect snack when watching a movie or as an appetizer at a gathering of friends or family: barbecues, birthday parties, get-togethers with friends...
The best recipe for onion rings is the American or the Roman, the most traditional of all, for this, it will be important to have some good white or purple onions and prepare a good batter.
You may choose to use a tempura if you want a healthier option although if you are already cooking with an air fryer, you do not have to worry because you will already be gaining in health.
These onion rings work as an appetizer or as a table side along with McDonalds-style deluxe fries or BBQ ribs also cooked in the air fryer.
If you want to try other easy-to-cook and crispy starters in your fryer, we also have a flower-shaped starter, Argentine choripan or tequeños stuffed with cheese 🧀
Ingredients of the Onion Rings in the Airfryer
- 1 onion
- 2 Eggs
- Milk - 50ml
- Olive oil
- lemon (optional)
How to cook Onion Rings in the Airfryer?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- We peel and cut the onion into discs of 1 or 2 centimeters
- Salt all the discs so that they release water
- We beat the eggs
- We integrate the flour, the yeast and the milk in the eggs
- Stir the whole mixture well
- We prepare a wide plate with kitchen paper or baking paper
- Dip each onion ring in the mixture and remove the excess by placing it on the plate
- Prepare the airfryer at 190ºC
- Put the onion rings in the drawer of the air fryer.
- Do not put them too close together inside the tray as they can stick together while cooking
- Cook the onion rings in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tray and serve on a plate lined with kitchen paper or absorbent paper to absorb excess fat.
- You can put a little lemon on top of the onion rings to give them more flavor
- You can also prepare a delicious green sauce to dip the onion rings, this is optional
Tips to get crispier Onion Rings in the Air Fryer
- If you want a crunchier option you can use breadcrumbs and even "kikos" crushed instead of flour
- You can use a bit of spray oil in the onion rings before cooking to make them more golden
- Do not put the onion rings in the air fryer until it is very hot, minimum 190ºC
- You may add a little paprika or cayenne pepper to the mixture to give a spicy touch to the rings, I love it
Ingredients you can substitute in this recipe
- Yeast ➡️ Baking soda with a few drops of lemon
- Milk ➡️ Water
- Flour ➡️ Breadcrumbs, kikos powder or finely crushed sugar-free cereals
- Olive oil ➡️ Sunflower oil
- Salt ➡️ Salt flakes or pink salt
- Lemon ➡️ Vinegar