Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared this recipe for Philadelphia cheese and ham balls in a airfryer that are an easy and quick appetizer!
Fried cheese balls are a classic in restaurants such as 100 montaditos, although this is a healthier recipe without frying.
They can be filled with any cheese you like or have at home.
This recipe for Philadelphia cheese balls and ham in air fryers without oil They require few ingredients and are made in 10 minutes.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
They are cheese balls without flour, without cornstarch and you can make it with potatoes or ham like me.
To add a spicy touch you can put paprika or fill with jalapeños too.
The result is crispy, flavorful Philadelphia cheese and ham balls with melted cheese.
I recommend trying other air fryer appetizers like Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes Recipe or Air Fryer Spring Rolls Recipe
Ingredients for the recipe for Philadelphia cheese balls and ham in air fryer
- Philadelphia cheese - 7 oz
- 1 slice of Iberian ham
- 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs - 3.5 oz
- 1 tsp parsley
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- Cut the slice of ham into very small cubes
- In a bowl mix the cheese with the ham
- Place the breadcrumbs and parsley on a flat plate and mix
- With a spoon, make cheese balls and pass them through the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the airfryer to 180 ºC
- Beat an egg with a pinch of salt
- Pass the balls through the egg and breadcrumbs again
- We put parchment paper for air fryer in the basket and the cheese balls on top
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 4 minutes
- Halfway through the time we turn them over and spray Olive oil on top.
- And we already have our recipe for Philadelphia cheese and ham balls in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for Philadelphia cheese and ham balls in a airfryer
- The cheese balls are a bit tricky to make but you can help yourself with two teaspoons
- It is important to pass the balls through breadcrumbs (or add a little to the mixture) to manipulate them
- You can accompany this snack with the recipe for lays potatoes in a airfryer
- These cheese balls cook very quickly and if you leave them too long they can explode.
- If you want to add a spicy touch, mix paprika with parsley and breadcrumbs
- For crispy ham and cheese balls swap the breadcrumbs for panko
Substitution of ingredients
- Philadelphia cheese ➡️ Philadelphia light cheese, unbranded white cheese spread or blue cheese spread
- Serrano ham slices ➡️ Serrano ham in tacos, cooked ham or braised turkey
- Breadcrumbs ➡️ Breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley, panko or crushed corn flakes
- Parsley ➡️ Paprika or black pepper