Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a pizza recipe on a wheat pancake in a airfryer that is very easy to make and healthier.
Pizza is usually a difficult and long homemade recipe to make since you have to prepare the dough (many people don't usually like it), let it rest and then cook it alone.
With the pizza on a wheat pancake we do not need to make a dough or wait for any time.
The recipe for pizza on wheat pancake dough can be adapted like any homemade pizza with the ingredients that you like the most.
You can also change the type of wheat pancake, I normally use whole wheat or with tomato.
A pizza on a whole wheat pancake is healthier than a regular pizza (plus it cooks in the air fryer without turning on the oven).
You can turn your pizza on a wheat pancake into a wrap or burrito, by rolling the pancake with all the ingredients inside.
To cook it like this, you should leave it in the fryer for 8 minutes without oil, but turning it halfway through.
We recommend other healthy recipes prepared by BiteMyRecipe: Recipe for aubergines with tomato sauce and cheese in air fryer, recipe for Russian steaks in air fryer and recipe for monkfish skewers in airfryer.
Ingredients for the pizza recipe on wheat pancake
- Whole wheat pancake
- 2 tbsp fried tomato
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- 10 olives
- 8 strips of Bacon
- 1 tbsp Tuna
- 1 tsp oregano
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- We preheat the air fryer to 160 ºC
- We put the fried tomato spread over the wheat pancake (just like on a pizza)
- We put the oregano on top
- Add the drained tuna, the bacon and the olives
- Finally, we cover everything with grated mozzarella cheese
- We cook in the airfryer for 8 minutes at 160 ºC (or with pizza mode)
- And we already have our recipe for pizza on a wheat pancake in a airfryer!
Tips for a good pizza recipe on a wheat pancake in a airfryer
- The oregano always has to go on top of the tomato and below the ingredients so that it does not burn and leave a bitter taste
- I like smoked bacon directly on the pizza but you can sauté it a bit in a pan to give it a fried touch
- Drain the olives and cut them in half so they don't roll
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat pancake ➡️ Wheat pancake with tomato or spinach (You can find them at Aldi) or regular wheat pancake
- Fried tomato s/a ➡️ Crushed natural tomato or normal fried tomato
- Shredded mozzarella cheese ➡️ Shredded gouda cheese (or any type of cheese)
- Bacon ➡️ Serrano ham, turkey slices (very healthy) or pepperoni
- Olives ➡️ Olives stuffed with anchovies or peppers, black olives...