Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a very healthy and crunchy pizza recipe with a sweet potato
base in a airfryer!
Sweet potato-based pizza is healthy, cheap and easy to make since they are doughs that do not need to ferment or wait for many hours.
You simply need to have previously cooked sweet potato and puree it to mix it with the flour and without waiting to cook it in the airfryer.
The recipe for pizza with sweet potato dough It can be accompanied by the ingredients that you like the most, this time I have put serrano ham, cheese and egg but it is totally adaptable.
If your children love to eat pizza and you want them to do it in a more fitness way, I recommend making this sweet potato-based pizza recipe.
The sweet potato base pizza It can be perfect to share or to place as a plate in a snack with friends.
In addition, the sweet potato-based pizza is suitable for celiacs and vegans (only the base, the toppings have to be changed).
If you want more healthy recipes in a airfryer, I recommend the cockle pie recipe, the stuffed eggplant recipe or the Russian fillet recipe.
And if you want more recipes in the Air Fryer, do not hesitate to leave it in the comments!
Ingredients for the sweet potato base pizza recipe
- Roasted sweet potato - 7 oz
- Wheat flour - 0.7 oz
- 1 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato concentrate
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice of Serrano ham
- 1 Egg
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- In a bowl, put the roasted sweet potato and mash it with a fork until it is pureed.
- Add the wholemeal flour, coconut oil, garlic powder and begin to mix until a homogeneous mass remains.
- Crush and stretch the dough until it has the shape of a pizza (to the diameter of your pan or air fryer basket)
- We cook the pizza with a sweet potato base for 10 minutes at 190ºC in the airfryer
- We turn it over so that it browns on both sides and we return to cook another 10 minutes at 190 ºC in the air fryer
- We take out the dough and put the concentrated tomato and oregano on it, spreading it on top
- Add the slice of Serrano ham, the grated mozzarella and the egg in the center
- We cook 5 minutes at 200 ºC in the airfryer
- We take it out carefully and we already have our sweet potato-based pizza recipe ready!
Tips for a good pizza recipe with a sweet potato base in a airfryer
- In my case I had the roasted sweet potato previously (I had cooked it in the microwave although it can also be cooked in the oven and in the air fryer)
- You can accompany the pizza with the ingredients or toppings that you like the most, I wanted to make a healthy pizza recipe so I added an egg, Serrano ham, and mozzarella cheese
- It is important to cook the dough on both sides and if your fryer is smaller than mine (3.5L), you will be left with a dough with a smaller diameter and greater thickness, so it still needs a couple more minutes of cooking
- In my case, I have used a 15 cm diameter mold to put the dough and make it easier to remove it when it is already hot
Substitution of ingredients
- Roasted sweet potato ➡️ Cooked potato (With the cooked and peeled potato, a puree is made just like with the sweet potato)
- Wholemeal flour ➡️ Wholemeal oatmeal
- Coconut oil ➡️ Olive oil
- Garlic powder ➡️ Onion powder or other spices
- Concentrated tomato ➡️ Natural crushed tomato s/a (is the most recommended option) or fried tomato in olive oil
- Grated mozzarella cheese ➡️ Any grated cheese works for you
- Serrano ham ➡️ Braised turkey or braised chicken