You like spicy food? The poblano pepper is one of the most used variants of chili since it is not too spicy and if it is cooked well it has an incredible flavor
You have to know how to cook it correctly, It is a widely used ingredient. in wire recipes (or pinchos in Spain), in rice dishes such as Poblano rice, in stuffed chiles and in a multitude of tasty sauces.
In Latin America we can also know it by the name of chili heartjoto or roque and it is a very healthy ingredient since it contains few calories and has a lot of vitamin C.
The poblano chili is a widely consumed traditional dish that can be integrated into other dishes but I I recommend you try it only with its dressing.
It is perfect as a starter and if you implement it in a more elaborate dish it can be a very tasty first course, easy to make and children tend to like it a lot.
🌶️ The recipe for the poblano chili in the air fryer is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and celiacs
Poblano peppers can be accompanied with meat, at BiteMyRecipe we have cooked and prepared delicious meat recipes in the air fryer, such as fried chicken wings or roast chicken.
Ingredients of the Poblano Pepper in the Air Fryer
- Poblano pepper
- Thermal bag (optional)
Quick elaboration of poblano pepper in Airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- We cast oil on top of the peppers
- We varnish all the chili with a brush to distribute the oil in front and behind
- Season with salt and black pepper (optional)
- We prepare the airfryer at 200ºC without grid
- Place the seasoned poblano peppers in the fryer
- we leave it cook for 12 minuteswhen half the time has passed, we turn the peppers
- We take them out and we put it inside a thermal bag to keep them moist for 5 minutes, this makes it easier to peel them later (optional)
- We let cool and peel them by hand or a knife the surface skin
Tips for Cooking the Poblano Pepper in the Air Fryer
- Use a thermal bag or a vacuum bag to keep the chili moist, it will help you peel them much better and keep the flavor
- Remove the pips and seeds from the chili, you can do it by making a small cut in the upper part and pulling upwards
- If the seeds or poblano chili seeds they have a brown or brown color, be careful because it can sting a lot
Ingredients that you can change for the poblano pepper recipe
- Poblano pepper ➡️ Green pepper or chili anaheim
- Oil ➡️ You can use vinegar, coconut oil or lime juice with the spices you like
- Get out ➡️ himalayan salt since it contains less sodium and is healthier
- Thermal bag ➡️ Freezer bag or something that keeps moisture and is well sealed