Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for oil-free air fryer popcorn that is healthy and perfect to share with the family and friends!
If you want crispy, juicy and homemade chicken popcorn but without using a pot or thermomix or much preparation, this is your recipe.
In this case, the air fryer popcorn chicken recipe is better than all the popcorn chicken recipes you've ever tried and healthier too.
All the ingredients we have used are good and the result is an aifryer popcorn chicken with none of the frying or greasy stuff.
Next we are going to explain step by step how to make chicken popcorn at home and we are also going to leave you the recipe for a Mexican green sauce to accompany them.
At BiteMyRecipe we make all the preparations of our recipes, in this case, the recipe for popcorn chicken in a airfryer.
Aifryer popcorn chicken can serve as a quick starter or as a side dish to accompany your meals.
I recommend other healthy air fryer recipes such as the cauliflower-based pizza recipe in aifryer, the robellones recipe in airfryer or the potato omelette recipe in aifryer.
If you want more air fryer chicken recipes, do not hesitate to leave a comment and a rating!
Ingredients for Aifryer Popcorn Chicken Recipe
- 1 Chicken breast - 10,5 oz
- Light cheese spread - 2,8 oz
- 1 Egg
- Olive oil Spray
- Milk - 15 ml
- Corn Flakes - 2,8 oz
- 1 tbsp wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet Paprika
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- We crush the corn flakes and put them in a bowl for later
- We crush the chicken in a mincer (after having washed it rinsed)
- Add the cream cheese and continue blending.
- In a bowl, put the beaten egg and milk.
- Add the wholemeal flour and the spices (garlic powder, oregano and sweet paprika) to the bowl where the crushed corn flakes were.
- Preheat the airfryer for 3 minutes
- We take the homogeneous mass of chicken and we are making balls
- Pass the balls through the bowl with beaten egg and then through the bowl of corn flakes
- Repeat the process with all the chicken balls and place them in the aifryer basket, spraying a little Olive oil on top.
- We cook in the airfryer for 8-10 minutes at 200 ºC
- Remove and put on a plate with a sauce
- And we already have our recipe for popcorn chicken in a airfryer!
Tips for a good air fryer popcorn chicken recipe without oil
- There are two ways to prepare corn flakesone is to chop them in the blender to make them very small or if you like a crunchy touch, crush them inside a bag with a mixer
- The greater amount of cream cheese, the more homogeneous and creamy the chicken popcorn will be.
- You can skip the step of pouring Olive oil on top of the chicken balls but it will give it a browned color and better flavor
- Keep an eye on the popcorn chicken and take it out when it is golden brown (if they are very small they will need less time and if they are very large more)
- Accompany the chicken popcorn with a sauce of piquillo peppers and raspberries in a airfryer
Substitution of ingredients
- Light cream cheese ➡️ Regular cream cheese or blue cheese if you like cheese a lot
- Semi-skimmed milk ➡️ Whole milk, skimmed milk, lactose-free milk or vegetable drinks (soy, almond...)
- Wholemeal flour ➡️ Chickpea flour, rice flour, almond flour, wheat flour, rye flour or cornstarch
- Spices ➡️ You can try the ones you want, for example, if you like it spicy change the sweet paprika for hot paprika