Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for potato and sausage balls in a airfryer, perfect to share with the whole family and without having to fry anything.
Although it is not a very healthy recipe because it contains sausages (a highly criticized ingredient in diets and is very high in calories), it can be enjoyed sporadically.
It is an easy recipe to make and with ingredients that we usually have in the fridge and in the store.
The best thing about cooking the potato and sausage balls in the airfryer is that you save all the frying fat, you don't stain anything and it's also much faster.
The filling of the potato balls recipe can be changed for another such as bacon or ham depending on the taste of each one.
This recipe for potato and sausage balls makes about 12 unitsif you want to vary the amount you just have to match the ingredients in quantities.
I recommend other easy air fryer recipes such as the stuffed zucchini rolls recipe, the chocolate sponge cake recipe or the vegetable stew recipe.
If you want us to prepare a special recipe, do not hesitate to leave it in the comments!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potato Sausage Balls Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 Sausages
- 3 tbsp grated grana padano cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil spray
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Wash the potato, peel it and cut it into small-medium pieces
- In a bowl we put our potato and cover it with film making 5 or 6 holes in the plastic with a knife
- We cook for 10 min at 900 W in the microwave until they are cooked
- When the potatoes are cold, mash them with a potato masher (if we don't have any, mash them with a fork)
- Add the salt, pepper, grated cheese and stir to integrate well
- It is time to taste the mixture to rectify in salt or pepper
- Take the sausages and cut them into 4 pieces each
- To create the snack, we need a little dough that we will make a ball and we will crush it in our hand
- We place a piece of sausage in the center of our thin dough pancake and cover it on all sides
- We have to have a ball of potato dough filled with the sausage
- When they are all, we put the balls in a plate or tupperware and in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Place the balls in the airfryer and add a little olive oil spray
- We cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 185 ºC
- And we already have our recipe for potato and sausage balls in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for potato and sausage balls in a airfryer
- There are different ways to cook potatoes, I have used the microwave but you can also cook them in boiling water for 10 or 15 minutes
- To give a little consistency to the mashed potatoes you can add a splash of milk
- There are many types of sausage, I recommend one that is thin so that it can cook well inside
- It is important to take it to the freezer for a while before cooking so that the potato and sausage ball does not disassemble.
- The sausage must be completely covered within the potato dough
- To mash the potato I have used a potato masher for comfort and speed but with a fork you can do the same
Substitution of ingredients
- Natural potato ➡️ Potatoes already cooked from the boat
- Frankfurt Sausages ➡️ Any sausage you like, a recommendation is sausages stuffed with cheese
- Spices ➡️ You can substitute or add the ones you want (try with paprika that is great too)