BiteMyRecipe has prepared a recipe for potato omelette with onion in a airfryer which was one of the most anticipated recipes by many tortilla lovers.
One of the worst things about making potato tortillas is how long it takes, the amount of oil used, and everything that stains.
With this potato omelette with onion recipe, hardly any oil is used and everything is cooked in the same fryer, very easy to make and with the same good taste.
Potato omelette with onion It is a delicious first or second course although it can also serve as a companion at family dinnersfor children is perfect.
If you see that it is a lot because you are few at home or because your air fryer is small, you will only have to reduce all the ingredients by half.
I like to accompany the tortilla with a sauce like barbecue or mayonnaise (I use zero calories from the Prozis brand), but that's up to everyone's taste.
With this recipe for potato omelette with onions you will not have to buy ready-made products like the potato omelette from the mercadona that comes pre-made.
The potato and onion omelette recipe in an air fryer that we have prepared will make you a chef like Arguiñano or Martin Berasategui and you will be able to impress everyone.
If you want a second course, don't worry! We have prepared some barbecue ribs in the air fryer or some hot dogs specially cooked for children
And don't forget to leave in the comments if you prefer the potato omelette without onion or the potato omelette with onion!
Ingredients for the potato omelette with onion recipe
- Potatoes - 14.1 oz
- 5 Eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 38 minutes
- We preheat the airfryer to 180 ºC to have it ready later
- Peel and chop the potatoes into thin slices
- Put the potatoes in the basket of the air fryer with a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Cook in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 180ºC
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onion into thin strips.
- Remove the potatoes and add the onion to cook another 10 minutes at 180 ºC the air fryer
- We remove from time to time so that everything is integrated
- Crack and beat the eggs
- Add the eggs to the potatoes and onion and we cook 7 minutes at 130 ºC
- We take out and We already have the recipe for potato omelette with onion in a airfryer!
Tips for a good potato omelette with onion recipe
- If you want the potato omelette to be less curdledyou only have to subtract a few final minutes of cooking (it is programmed so that it is neither too raw nor too cooked)
- In this recipe we have added onion but to make a potato omelette recipe without onion you just have to follow the same steps, skipping the one to add the onion
- We do not need large amounts of oil, just a splash to cook everything
- If you're worried about the tortilla getting a pretty shape, you can use a round pan to fit everything inside.
- You can add more ingredients such as zucchini or sausage pieces, anything you like and thus customize your omelette
Substitution of ingredients
- Potatoes ➡️ Sweet potato (it is healthier but it would no longer be a traditional potato omelette)
- 5 Eggs ➡️ 2 eggs and several egg whites (healthier option)
- Extra virgin olive oil ➡️ With normal Olive Oil it would also work
- Onion ➡️ Zucchini, sausages, chorizo or ham taquitos...