Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for poor potatoes in a airfryer, very easy and following the traditional recipe of the grandmother!
I have always liked to prepare poor potatoes with the oven or as a garnish for fish or meat in family meals.
You can also prepare the poor potatoes in the Thermomix but I prefer to use the air fryer.
This recipe for poor potatoes in air fryer is an adaptation of the Murcian recipe but in the Andalusian style as Karlos Arguiñano once prepared them.
The poor potatoes go with pepper, onion and egg because personally I think it gives it a lot of flavor.
Making poor potatoes is very easy and with the airfryer it's faster, healthier and much better than microwaving.
To cook this recipe for poor potatoes I have used a mold (optional) and my 5.5L air fryer, if you have a smaller one you may have to put less quantity.
I recommend other recipes with potatoes in an air fryer such as the recipe for scrambled potatoes, cod and aubergines in air fryer or the recipe for hasselback potatoes in air fryer
If you liked the recipe for fried potatoes in a airfryer, leave a comment below!
Ingredients of the recipe for poor potatoes in air fryer
- Potatoes - 12.3 oz
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Peel the potato and cut it into wedges
- We put the cut potato in an aluminum mold suitable for air fryer with a splash of Olive oil and salt
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 10 minutes
- A couple of times, while cooking, we take out the basket and stir the potatoes
- Peel the onion and cut it together with the red pepper in julienne (into thin strips)
- Chop the garlic and put it with the onion and pepper in a bowl
- Add a splash of olive oil and black pepper
- Put the vegetables in the mold mixing them with the potatoes
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 10 minutes
- While we put a frying pan over medium heat with a few drops of oil and put the grilled egg
- We add salt and cover it
- Remove the potatoes with vegetables and add the egg on top
- And now we have our recipe for poor-quality potatoes in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for poor-quality potatoes in a airfryer
- When I'm in a hurry, I usually rinse the potato very well and cut it into wedges with the skin
- Stir the potatoes several times while they cook so they brown on all sides.
- If you don't like chewing garlic, you'd better use garlic powder.
- The egg could be made in the air fryer too but I prefer it grilled
- The final touch of the dish is to break the egg and let the yolk fall on top of the poor potatoes
Substitution of ingredients
- Potatoes ➡️ Frozen potato wedges (not bad for a day in a hurry)
- Red pepper ➡️ Green pepper
- Onion ➡️ Onion or sweet onion
- Black pepper ➡️ Sweet paprika or hot paprika