Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry in a airfryer, Wellington style but vegan!
Spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry is easy, quick and can be a first course at a dinner or special meal like Christmas.
If you want to surprise your vegan or vegetarian friends when they come home you can serve them this recipe for spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry that is also healthy.
Although in that case you will have to replace the egg that appears in the recipe to paint the puff pastry with a little Olive oil spray.
This spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry you only need an air fryer and a frying pan, no microwave, no Thermomix and no oven.
Also, if you don't like any of the ingredients, you can change it, for example, a puff pastry with spinach and mushrooms, a puff pastry with spinach and prawns or a puff pastry with spinach and cheese.
You already know how to make a puff pastry with spinach, mushrooms and nuts healthy, simple, tasty but with a chef's presentation.
You can accompany it with some homemade sauce, eat it like this because it is very juicy.
The spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry recipe in a airfryer is a vegan alternative to the famous Wellington steak.
If you want more healthy recipes in an air fryer, you can try the recipe for feta cheese and dried tomato samosas in air fryer, the recipe for potato omelette with onion in air fryer or the recipe for nopal with cheese and sauce in air fryer.
If you have tried this recipe or are going to prepare it, leave us a comment with the result!
Ingredients for the spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry recipe in an air fryer
- Mushrooms - 7 oz
- Fresh spinach - 14 oz
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 3 garlic cloves
- Nuts - 2.11 oz
- Olive oil
- 1 sheet of rectangular puff pastry
- 1 Egg (only to paint)
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Heat a splash of Olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat
- Peel the garlic cloves, crush them with the garlic press and add them to the pan.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt
- Wash and drain the fresh spinach well.
- Add the Dijon mustard, spinach and let cook for a few minutes
- We salt and pepper and put out the fire
- We chop the nuts, in my case, walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds
- When the content of the pan is completely cold, add the nuts
- Preheat the airfryer to 200 ºC
- Extend the puff pastry and add the content forming a well-extended rectangle in the center but without touching the top and bottom edges
- We roll the puff pastry so that it is well closed and we turn it over so that the fold is not visible.
- Brush with beaten egg on top
- We cook in the airfryer for 20 min at 200 ºC
- We take out in the last five minutes and check if we want a little more browning or not
- And now we have our recipe for spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry in a airfryer!
Tips for a good spinach, mushroom and dried fruit puff pastry recipe in a airfryer
- You can add a little chopped onion at the same time as the garlic in the pan and let it poach with the mushrooms
- It is very important that you let the sauté cool before adding the nuts if you do not want to spoil it
- For an extra crunch, put a sheet of phyllo dough before the puff pastry and wrap it around the filling
- Leave enough space between the filling and the top and bottom to be able to close it
- Spread the filling well in the shape of a rectangle on the puff pastry (with a lot of space on the sides)
- To decorate you can cut a couple of 1 cm strips in another sheet of puff pastry and put them on top crossing them (don't forget to paint them with beaten egg too)
- If your air fryer is small, cut the puff pastry in 2 before putting the filling and create 2 mini puff pastries of spinach, mushrooms and nuts
- Check your puff pastry from time to time and lower the temperature if it gets too golden or you think it will burn
- You can add a few sesame seeds to the puff pastry on top before cooking
- To ensure it cooks from the bottom, turn it over for the last five minutes.
Substitution of ingredients
- Mushrooms ➡️ Large mushrooms, assorted mushrooms and mushrooms or sliced mushrooms
- Fresh spinach ➡️ Frozen spinach
- Dijon mustard ➡️ Regular mustard or if you don't like it add a little tomato paste
- Garlic cloves ➡️ Garlic powder (add it when the mushrooms are browning)
- Nuts ➡️ I have used almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts but other times I put pine nuts
- Rectangular puff pastry sheet ➡️ 4 sheets of filo dough
- Egg ➡️ Butter (only to paint and make it golden on the outside)