Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a pumpkin pie recipe for Halloween in a airfryer and decorated with terrifying eyes!
Sweet Halloween recipes are always the queens of Halloween parties and at BiteMyRecipe we are going to prepare many recipes for you to choose the one you like the most.
The pumpkin pie recipe for Halloween in a airfryere is easy to prepare, with normal ingredients and does not require much preparation.
Although we always like to use homemade dough, in this case, we have taken a prefabricated dough with which we will make the base of the cake.
In addition to cooking the pumpkin pie in the air fryer for about 7 minutes, You will also need a pot to heat and cook the squash beforehand.
As an accessory for the pumpkin pie recipe for Halloween, we have used a pie pan suitable for a airfryer (it can be an aluminum one, a rubber one...).
If you want an even more Halloween recipe result, you can buy a pumpkin pie pan.
If you have a small air fryer you may have to divide the dough and the pumpkin filling in two and you will have two mini tarts left.
We recommend that you see the Best Air Fryer Halloween Recipes if you liked the Air Fryer Halloween Pumpkin Pie Recipe!
Ingredients for pumpkin pie recipe for Halloween in air fryer
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry
- Pumpkin - 26.4 oz
- 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- Brown sugar - 5.3 oz
- Liquid cream to mount - 200 ml
- Tart pan suitable for air fryer
- Scary eye candy
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Clean and cut the pumpkin into pieces
- Grate the whole orange
- In a pot add the pumpkin in pieces, the orange zest, the cinnamon stick and the nutmeg
- Let it cook for 30 minutes over very low heat.
- When it has cooked, remove the cinnamon stick and the cloves.
- We wait for it to cool down a bit
- Meanwhile, stretch the shortcrust pastry until it covers the entire mold and prick the surface several times with a fork.
- Cook only the dough in the airfryer for 7 minutes at 200 ºC
- When the mixture has already warmed up, add the whipping cream, the sugar and the eggs and beat
- Remove the mold with the shortcrust pastry and pour the mixture carefully
- We cook in the airfryer for 30 minutes at 180 ºC
- We check that the pumpkin pie has curdled and we take it out to put the decoration
- We add the candies in the shape of terrifying eyes on top
- And we already have our recipe for pumpkin pie for Halloween in a airfryer
Tips for a good pumpkin pie recipe for Halloween in a airfryer
- Depending on the type of squash you use, it may stick together as it cooks in the pot.you can add a small splash of water so that it does not burn
- It is important to cook the shortcrust pastry alone first so that it cooks from the bottom, and place it well, covering the entire mold and trimming the outside if necessary.
- Let the pumpkin mixture cool down before adding the cream.the sugar and the eggs so that it does not cut
- Times are approximate. I recommend you take a wooden toothpick and prick the pumpkin pie to see if it has curdled
- You can decorate the cake with eyes or other Halloween decorations, even if you melt chocolate you can try to imitate the face of an angry pumpkin
Substitution of ingredients
- Broken dough ➡️ Filo dough or homemade dough
- Pumpkin ➡️ You can use any type of pumpkin, lmine was natural and had to be cleaned but you can buy pumpkin already peeled and in pieces
- Orange ➡️ Lemon or other citrus
- Cinnamon stick ➡️ Cinnamon powder
- Brown sugar ➡️ Normal sugar, honey, syrup or other sweetener
- Liquid cream to whip ➡️ You could change it for cheese and neutral gelatin without flavor
- Scary eye candy ➡️ Any Halloween decoration