Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for rabbit in sauce in a airfryer, very easy to prepare and with a juicy result!There are many ways to prepare rabbit in sauce
either with almonds, with mushrooms, with garlic, with hunter sauce, with tomato sauce...
At BiteMyRecipe we wanted to prepare the rabbit recipe in an air fryer in a traditional way, following Grandma's recipe.
We also wanted a quick, easy and healthy air fryer recipe.
In the past I used to prepare the recipe for rabbit in sauce in a Thermomix or with a pressure cooker.
If you do not know how to prepare the recipe for rabbit in sauce in a airfryer follow our steps and advice.
I recommend trying other quick air fryer recipes like the air fryer potato and zucchini chips recipe or the scrambled eggs with ham
If you want a very fluffy and rich dessert, the lemon cake in the air fryer is the best option to accompany a rabbit in sauce
Leave us a comment with the result of your recipe!
Ingredients for the recipe of rabbit in sauce in air fryer
- 1 rabbit cut into pieces
- 2 spring onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- Serrano ham cubes
- White wine - 100 ml
- 1/2 glass of water
- 2 sheets of Laurel
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Chop the onions and garlic
- Rinse the rabbit pieces well
- In a large square mold suitable for air fryer, put the chopped rabbit with the spring onion and garlic.
- Add a handful of diced ham, spices, bay leaf, salt to taste and stir
- Add a splash of olive oil and half a glass of water
- We cook in the airfryer at 185 ºC for 25 minutes
- Remove, turn the rabbit pieces over and add the white wine on top
- We cook in the airfryer at 185 ºC for 10 minutes
- We take out and accompany with fries in air fryer
- And we already have our recipe for rabbit in sauce in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for rabbit in sauce in a airfryer
- You can leave the garlic whole for flavor if you don't want to eat it.
- You could add more vegetables and create a background of potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, spring onions...
- If you want a tastier rabbit you can let it marinate with thyme, rosemary and Olive oil half an hour before cooking.
- A special touch would be to add nuts since the roasted rabbit with almonds is very good
- The touch of salt, spices and laurel is to the personal taste of each one
- The mold I have used is rectangular and aluminum suitable for air fryer and I bought it with some tongs that I use to turn the pieces over (link to air fryer accessories)
Substitution of ingredients
- Diced rabbit ➡️ Whole rabbit with skin (you will have to remove the skin, clean it and cut it yourself)
- Chives ➡️ Onion, sweet onion, carrots, leek...
- Garlic cloves ➡️ Whole head of garlic (to make garlic rabbit)
- Ham taquitos ➡️ Bacon taquitos
- White wine ➡️ Beer, red wine...
- Water ➡️ Beef broth
- Parsley ➡️ Thyme, rosemary, Provencal herbs...
- Black pepper ➡️ Hot or sweet paprika