This time we have brought a recipe for roast chicken with potatoes very tasty and with everything cooked in the airfryerlow in calories and easy to make.
Roast chicken is a first course that everyone likesabove all it is perfect for dinners and family meals with friends.
Though It is not a recipe suitable for vegetarians or vegans.yes, it is perfect for small children since chicken is a source of protein and cooked like this is very tasty.
Although we have accompanied the chicken with potatoes (also bathed in the sauce) we can change it for a salad or the accompaniment that we like the most.
It can be said that it is a quite healthy recipe and that has a lot of protein accompanied by a small portion of potatoes with its contribution of carbohydrates.
Remember that the more spices, and the better the mixture with which we will bathe the chicken, the tastier it will be since it will be the sauce that accompanies it.
If you need to accompany your roast chicken with something that you can cook in an air fryer, we recommend the McDonald's style deluxe fries or some simple French fries of a lifetime
Ingredients for roast chicken recipe
- 1 small chicken
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 small potatoes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Peel and cut the garlic into very small pieces
- Crush the sprig of parsley in a mortar or cut into small pieces
- In a bowl or deep plate, mix the olive oil with a pinch of salt and another pinch of black pepper.
- Add the parsley and garlic and mix very well.
- With a brush or a spoon we paint the chicken, reserving a little mixture to put on the potatoes
- Prick the chicken on the skewer accessory or place it on top of the perforated tray of the airfryer
- Cook with the Roast Chicken program for 15 minutes at 200 ºC
- Meanwhile, we peel, cut and paint the potatoes with the mixture that we had reserved
- When the air fryer is finished, add the painted potatoes and cook for 30 minutes at 200 ºC (maintaining the same way)
- When it's cooked, we take the roast chicken and potatoes out of the airfryer and put them on the plate!
Tips for a Tasty Roast Chicken Recipe
- I recommend adding the chicken seasoning spice and the herb spice provençales in the mixture of garlic, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and salt, will give a more enhanced flavor to the roasted chicken.
- If you want you can add a squeeze of lemon to the mixture of oil and spices what will you add to the roast chicken and potatoes
- The chicken must be small to fit on the skewer, although a larger chicken could be cooked, cut into pieces and placed on the perforated tray
- In this roast chicken recipe, I have decided to peel and cut the potatoes but if you like you can leave them with the skin and if they are small, whole
Substitution of ingredients
- Whole small roast chicken ➡️ Roast chicken cut into pieces
- Black pepper ➡️ Provençal herbs, chicken seasoning, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder
- Fresh parsley ➡️ Parsley spice or parsley spice and garlic powder
- Garlic clove ➡️ Garlic powder
- New potatoes ➡️ Pot potatoes already cooked (you should rinse them, drain them, paint them with the mixture and cook the last 2 minutes)