At Bitemyrecipe we present a very traditional recipe cooked by all our grandmothers: Russian steaks in the air fryer.
We have adapted the traditional recipe for Russian steaks but cooked in an air fryer.
These steaks are very easy to make, healthy and all children like them.
It is an ideal starter or first course for the center of the table, either to eat it alone, with your partner or at a party.
Russian steaks cooked in the airfryer They are very healthy, they have a high protein content and when cooked without oil you will get an even healthier version.
There are many versions of Russian steaks but here we are going to give you the traditional recipe that is prepared in Spain but versioned and adapted to the air fryer.
You can accompany these Russian steaks prepared in the air fryer with many types of companions, whether cold or hot, such as:
🥔 Some french fries in the air fryer
🧀 Some breaded cheese balls to have a tapas center on the table along with the Russian steaks
🧅 Onion rings are also a great option
🥮 And to finish off with a good dessert that is easy to prepare, you can leave a fluffy and tasty sponge cake in the air fryer
Russian steaks are perfect for children who do not want to eat any vegetablesthis recipe uses minced meat and some chopped vegetables that, when mixed, they are not going to find out that they are eating them.
Russian Steak Ingredients in the Air Fryer
- Beef/pork minced meat - 17.6 oz
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
Preparation of Russian Steaks in the Airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
- Sauté the onion and garlic until well poached.
- Prepare the beaten egg, minced meat and breadcrumbs in different bowls.
- In the bowl of minced meat, mix the onion and the fried garlic and we make a homogeneous mass
- In the mixture of the meat dough we also add salt and black pepper
- We make small balls the size of the palm of our hand
- Flatten the balls a little so they look like fillets. You can crush the balls more or less to have thicker or finer fillets
- Pass the fillets through the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Put the already breaded fillets on a separate plate.
- When you have all the breaded Russian steaks ready, it is time to prepare the airfryer.
- Program the air fryer at 180ºC
- Place the Russian steaks inside the fryer box for 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side
- When you turn it over to leave them another 5 minutes on the side that has not been cooked you can sprinkle a little olive oil spray on the already cooked part so that it browns a little (optional)
Tips for Cooking Juicy Russian Steaks in the Air Fryer
- You can add chopped boiled eggs and any finely chopped vegetables to the mixture to make it healthier
- Pass through flour and again through beaten egg before passing the Russian fillets through breadcrumbs so that the batter sticks better to the meat.
- You can add stale bread soaked in milk or water to the meat mixture for firmer Russian steaks.
- Integrate your favorite species into the meat mixture and experiment to achieve the best flavor
What Ingredients Can I Substitute in the Russian Steaks Recipe?
- Minced beef and/or pork ➡️ Minced chicken and/or turkey
- Onion ➡️ Onion powder
- Garlic ➡️ Garlic powder
- Breadcrumbs ➡️ Breadcrumbs with parsley, crushed cornflakes or cornstarch
- Salt ➡️ Himalayan pink salt or salt flakes as they are healthier and have less sodium