Today at BiteMyRecipe we bring you a baked fish recipe. Let's cook some healthy sardines in the airfryer!
This fish so tasty it is very rich in omega 3 fatsa nutritional aspect that we usually leave aside in our weekly menu.
Including a portion of sardine a week can help you reach the levels of omega 3 and healthy fats for the whole week.
This recipe for sardines with garlic and parsley it is healthier than ever since we are not going to coat them or fry them in abundant oilOtherwise, we are going to cook it with hot air in our air fryer
Let's prepare a very rich mashed to marinate and fill the inside of our sardines and we are going to keep all the sardine juices inside without it drying out thanks to the air fryer.
The interior of the sardines will be composed of parsley, garlic and lemonif you really like lemon you can also use thin slices of lemon to fill the sardines and remove them before serving, to suit the consumer
Sardines can be complicated to cook due to the bad smell they leave in the kitchen after being cooked, but with the following trick you can avoid impregnating your home with bad smells:
Use plenty of coarse salt to season the sardines, they will not be salty since the sardines absorb the salt they need and It will take care of absorbing bad odors while they cook inside your fryer.
Sardines with parsley recipe It is an adaptation of the recipe by Karlos Arguiñano in its cooking program adapted to the airfryer, so we don't have to impregnate the kitchen with oil, we eat much healthier and save more money
- Fresh sardines - 35.2 oz
- Fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of Olive oil
- black pepper (optional)
- lemon (optional)
Elaboration in Airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- We remove the heads of the sardines and clean with a scale remover like mine with plenty of cold water to remove the scales easily (You can go to step 4 if you have already bought them clean and ready to cook)
- Open the sardines in half and clean to remove traces of guts
- We remove all the bones from the sardines
- Prepare a tray and spread the salt and olive oil
- We place the sardines completely open in the tray on the salt and the Olive oil
- Chop the fresh parsley and finely minced garlic.
- We integrate the parsley and garlic over the sardines already opened in the tray
- We fold each sardine and we leave them closed with the stuffing
- Very carefully we take each marinated sardine inside the basket of the airfryer
- We program the airfryer at 200ºC and let cook all the sardines for 10 minutes on paper to cook in air fryer
- You can remove the basket from the air fryer after 5 minutes and turn the sardines over to brown on both sides.
- When it is finished cooking, put each sardine on a plate with absorbent paper and remove any excess fat.
- And we already have our recipe for sardines cooked in a airfryer ready!
Tips for a good recipe for sardines with parsley and garlic in the air fryer
- If you don't have the sardines already cleaned, we recommend buying a cheap scale remover like the one we use in our kitchen
- Thoroughly remove all the casings from sardines before cooking, as they can leave a sour taste in the food
- Try pouring a little lemon over the sardines to further enhance their flavor, although this is optional
- If you have black pepper you can also put a little inside the sardine before cooking it, if you have whole black pepper you can use a mortar to crush the peppercorns with the parsley and garlic
- The size of sardines is importantthe bigger the tastier they will be.
- Put enough coarse salt in the tray since this ingredient will take care of removing the bad smell of the sardinedo not worry that it will be very salty since the sardine absorbs the salt it needs
Substitution of ingredients
- Fresh parsley ➡️ Dry parsley spice format
- Lemon ➡️ 100% natural lemon juice
- Fat salt ➡️ Fine salt (Although keep in mind that fine salt will not eliminate all the bad smell that sardines can cause in your home while they are cooking)
- Olive oil ➡️ Olive oil