Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for Wellington steak in a airfryer that is easy and ideal to serve as a first course at Christmas parties.
This recipe for Sirloin Wellington Arguiñano is an adaptation of their recipe to be cooked in the air fryer and with a few different ingredients.
We wanted a traditional English recipe to serve as a star dish at the table, inspired by Masterchef, Karlos Arguiñano or Gordon Ramsay.
Making a Wellington sirloin may seem difficult, but following the ingredients and the recipe step by step you will not have any problems.
If you were looking for how to prepare an easy and original beef Wellington sirloin, without oven, this is your page.
The wellington sirloin has thousands of recipes, with foie, without foie, with bacon, with cheese, pork, without mushrooms...
In our case we wanted to make a simple Wellington sirloin recipe, with a good tasty filling, original English ingredients and in the style of great chefs.
The good thing about this recipe is that it is cooked in the airfryer without having to use the oven.
If you want more air fryer recipes, I recommend the air fryer gluten-free quiche recipe, the air fryer gluten-free shortbread recipe and the air fryer leek and mushroom pudding recipe
If you want more recipes for your airfryer, you can leave us a comment below!
Ingredients for the Wellington sirloin recipe in air fryer
- Beef tenderloin - 14,1 oz
- Mushrooms - 3,5 oz
- 1 Onion
- Brandy - 20 ml
- Cooking cream - 25 ml
- Dijon mustard - 0,7 oz
- Serrano ham - 0,7 oz
- Poultry pate - 0,7 oz
- 1 sheet of Puff pastry
- 1 Egg
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp of Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Repose: 1 hour
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- In a skillet over medium heat with olive oil we seal the beef tenderloin
- Season to taste and let it brown over medium high heat
- Remove the sirloin and in the same pan add the onion cut into small cubes
- Add a little more oil if necessary and a pinch of salt
- Wash the mushrooms well, chop them and add them to the pan.
- Let them cook for a few minutes and we pour the brandy
- Increase the heat until the alcohol evaporates and add the cream to cook
- We remove so that everything is integrated and Let cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in a blender and reserve.
- We spread a baking paper on a flat surface and put the slices of ham in a row overlapping each other by the widest part
- With a knife spread the mustard over all the ham
- On top of the mustard on the wide part of the ham we put the mixture of mushrooms and onion
- We spread the whole beef tenderloin with the pate
- Place the sirloin on top of the mushroom and onion mixture
- Wrap the sirloin with the slices of ham and parchment paper and leave it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the airfryer to 190 ºC
- Line with a sheet of puff pastry, closing the edges well.
- Beat an egg in a bowl and paint the puff pastry
- We cook in the airfryer at 190 ºC for 20-25 minutes
- Check that the puff pastry is golden and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving
- And we already have our Wellington sirloin recipe ready in a airfryer!
Tips for a good Wellington sirloin recipe in a airfryer
- The trick of cooking the onion in the oil to seal the meat will make it taste very good
- Use the smell to help you know when all the Brandy has evaporated
- It is important let the sirloin rest in the fridge to take consistency but if you don't have that much time you can leave it alone for half an hour
- Check the Wellington sirloin from time to time in case it is necessary to lower the temperature of your air fryer
- You can add strips of other puff pastry crossed on top to decorate your food
- Make sure the puff pastry covers the entire tenderloin
Substitution of ingredients
- Mushrooms ➡️ Laminated mushrooms, canned mushrooms or mushrooms
- Onion ➡️ Shallot, spring onion or sweet onion
- Brandy ➡️ Rum or other alcohol
- Cream for cooking ➡️ Evaporated milk
- Dijon Mustard ➡️ Regular Mustard
- Serrano ham ➡️ Cooked ham or braised ham
- Bird pate ➡️ The pate you like the most
- Fresh parsley ➡️ Parsley in spice or Provencal herbs