Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for spinach, ham and cheese puff pastry in a airfryer, very crispy and tasty!
A good way to eat vegetables like spinach is to make a pie.
In my case, I always like to accompany spinach with ham and cheese for the flavor and juiciness they provide.
For this recipe you do not need a Thermomix, an oven, or an iron.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
You can vary the ingredients and the filling as you like.
This recipe for puff pastry with spinach, ham and cheese is ideal for a healthy family dinner and if you have little desire to cook.
I recommend you try other air fryer recipes such as the Creole beef burger recipe in air fryer or the breaded beef recipe in air fryer
You can also try this recipe for tuna dumplings in a airfryer!
Ingredients for spinach, ham and cheese puff pastry recipe in airfryer
- 1 puff pastry
- Spinach - 100 gr
- 3 slices of ham
- 3 slices of cheese
- Milk - 20 ml
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Cooking time: 26 minutes
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the spinach for a few minutes
- We spread the puff pastry on the table
- Remove the spinach, drain and place in the center of the puff pastry
- Sprinkle a little salt and the vegetable seasoning
- Put the slices of cheese and ham on top
- We close the puff pastry taking the sides up (wrapping the stuffing)
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Paint the top with milk.
- Place air fryer paper in the basket and the puff pastry on top.
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 26 minutes
- Halfway through the time we take out the empanada and turn it over with a plate so that it cooks on both sides.
- And we already have our recipe for spinach, ham and cheese puff pastry in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for spinach, ham and cheese puff pastry in a airfryer
- You can also cook the spinach in a steamer case for 2 min in the microwave
- Spinach, ham and cheese should be in the center to leave dough on the sides and be able to close the puff pastry
- It is important to prick the dough so that it does not swell
- When turning the puff pastry it will be better to change the baking paper that will already be used
- You can also add a little spray of extra virgin olive oil on top before cooking it.
Substitution of ingredients
- Rectangular puff pastry ➡️ Round puff pastry or filo dough (it will be more complicated to work with and will cook earlier)
- Bag spinach ➡️ Frozen spinach (better to leave defrosting for a while) or fresh
- Sliced cheese ➡️ Sandwich cheese or grated cheese
- Serrano ham ➡️ York ham, braised turkey or lacón
- Semi-skimmed milk ➡️ Egg yolk (only to paint the puff pastry)