Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for chayotes stuffed in a airfryer that is very easy and quick to prepare!
Chayote is a very common vegetable in Mexico and other Latin American countries.
It is usually used for baby porridge, salads, stews, meat fillings or cream fillings.
In this case we bring a recipe for chayotes stuffed in a airfryer with cream, ham and egg.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Air Fryer.
The result is an easy, fast and very simple cream chayote.
Although if you want to prepare chayote in Spain you still have difficulties finding it in supermarkets.
I recommend trying other air fryer recipes like Air Fryer Battered Green Asparagus Recipe or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Ingredients for the recipe of stuffed chayotes in air fryer
- 2 chayotes
- 1 onion
- Ham in cubes - 1.7 oz
- Cooking cream - 125 ml
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cut the chayotes in half and remove the bone
- We put a pot to heat and when it boils we add the chayotes
- Let cook for a few minutes
- We turn off the heat, remove the filling and reserve the outside to fill later
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Peel and chop the onion into very fine cubes
- Sauté until golden brown with a pinch of salt
- Add the chayote filling and the serrano ham in small cubes
- We cook for 5 minutes
- Add the cooking cream, a pinch of salt and the spices and remove from the heat
- In a bowl we separate the white from the yolks (I keep the whites to make tortillas)
- Preheat the airfryer to 180 ºC
- We fill the chayotes and make a small indentation in the center to put the yolk
- Place the chayotes on parchment paper to air fryer in the basket
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 15 minutes
- Remove and add fresh coriander on top (optional)
- And we already have our recipe for chayotes stuffed in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe of stuffed chayotes in a airfryer
- If you can pass the onion and the chayote filling through a mincer it will be better
- I use the leftover egg whites to make omelettes or desserts but you can also add the whole egg
- It is important to place them well in the fryer leaning against a wall so that they do not fall with the air
- You can add grated cheese as a topping on top and gratin the chayotes
- Accompany it with this recipe for garlic bread in a airfryer
Substitution of ingredients
- Chayotes ➡️ Avocados
- Onion ➡️ Sweet onion or spring onion
- Iberian ham in tacos ➡️ Bacon in strips
- Egg yolks ➡️ Whole egg
- Black pepper ➡️ Vegetable seasoning from Just Spices