Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for stuffed pork loin in puff pastry in the airfryer, a recipe for special occasions.
Pork loin with puff pastry is a typical Christmas recipe and it is It can be served to share with several people and it gives plenty.
The recipe for pork loin with puff pastry It is not very healthy and that is why I do not recommend it for a deficit diet or to eat frequently, but it is okay to eat a piece on a sporadic day.
It is also a recipe that can be varied in many ways, for example, you can try another filling that you like better.
Like I always say, You must be careful with the size of your air fryer basket and with the cooking timessince in each air fyer it is different.
Below I have left you some tips so that your puff pastry stuffed pork loin recipe is delicious and becomes a success.
If you want other recipes in a airfryer, I recommend the quiche recipe, the roast chicken recipe or the hake burger recipe.
And if you have any questions or want us to try a recipe, do not hesitate to leave a comment below!
Ingredients for the recipe for stuffed pork loin in puff pastry
- Olive oil
- 1 piece of Pork loin
- 1 tsp of Black pepper
- 1 can cooked Mushrooms
- Cheese spread
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 10 slices of Bacon
- Puff pastry
- 1 beaten Egg
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Take out the pork loin and season it with salt and pepper.
- Put the pork loin vertically and make a small hole in the center, that's where the stuffing will go.
- In a medium skillet add olive oil, heat and seal the pork loin everywhere
- We remove from the fire and we use the same pan to poach the onionpreviously peeled and julienned
- When it is soft, add the honey and turn off the heat while mixing so that it is integrated
- In a large bowl we will put the mushrooms and the spreadable cheese to mix them very well
- Add the caramelized onion to the bowl and integrate everything
- We use the caramelized onion paste, mushrooms and cheese to fill the pork loin that should already be colder
- Put the puff pastry on a tray lined with baking paper and cover the center of the dough with 5 or 6 slices of bacon.
- Put the pork loin on top of the bacon slices and add more on top until the loin is completely enclosed in bacon
- We close the loin and the bacon with the puff pastry and paint it with a beaten egg so that it browns
- We cook in the airfryer at 190 ºC for 20 minutes
- We take out and We already have our recipe for stuffed pork loin in puff pastry ready!
Tips for a good recipe for stuffed pork loin in puff pastry in a airfryer
- I recommend that you poach the onion with the same oil that you have used to seal the loin, so that it stays more golden and with more flavor
- If you are going to use natural mushrooms, you will have to wash, cut and poach them before the onion to remove them before
- It is important to beat the egg and paint the puff pastry, otherwise it will not brown
- Each air fryer works differently so measure the dimensions of your air fryer well and check the time from time to time.
- I have seasoned but you can add the spices that you like the most
- To decorate you can put strips of bacon on top of the puff pastry before cooking it
Substitution of ingredients
- Black pepper ➡️ White pepper, barbecue flavor spice, Provencal herbs...
- Cooked mushrooms ➡️ Natural mushrooms (you will have to wash them, cut them and sauté them in the pan beforehand)
- Cheese spread ➡️ I have used philadelphia light cheese but any cream cheese will do, you can even add a little camembert or blue cheese
- Honey ➡️ You can caramelize the onion with sugar too
- Puff pastry dough ➡️ Filo dough (it's healthier but it won't stay the same)