Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for sweet and sour pork in a airfryer in the purest oriental style and with all the flavor!
Chinese style sweet and sour pork is very famous and many people have tried to replicate the recipe.
The sweet and sour pork recipe in airfryer It is very easy, fast and it has a delicious flavor as well as saving us from using the oven.
All the ingredients and the step-by-step recipe for sweet and sour pork in a airfryer are below.
The Oriental Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe It's pretty straightforward and you have the option of using store-bought or homemade sweet and sour sauce.
You can accompany the sweet and sour pork with rice (I accompany it with cooked basmati rice) or with pineapple, which is also a classic.
You already know how to make sweet and sour pork in an air fryer and without complicated steps.
I recommend you try other recipes with pork in a airfryer, such as the recipe for fried pork rinds in an air fryer or the recipe for entrecote with potatoes in an air fryer
And for dessert you can try the air fryer carrot cake recipe.
Leave us a comment if you want more oriental recipes!
Ingredients for sweet and sour pork recipe in air fryer
- Pork loin - 17.6 oz
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- White pepper
- Wheat flour - 1.7 oz
- Cornstarch - 1.7 oz
- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup of Water (for the homemade sweet and sour sauce)
- 1 Garlic (for the homemade sweet and sour sauce)
- 3 tbsp of Ketchup (for the homemade sweet and sour sauce)
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce (for the homemade sweet and sour sauce)
- 2 tbspof rice vinegar (for the homemade sweet and sour sauce)
- 2 tbsp of sugar (for the homemade sweet and sour sauce)
- Cornstarch - 0.35 oz (for the homemade sweet and sour sauce)
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Repose: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- Cut the pork loin into strips and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the soy, rice wine, egg, salt and white pepper and stir well
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate for about 30 minutes
- In a bowl, put the flour and cornstarch together.
- Pass each strip of meat through the flour and cornstarch
- Place the meat in the air fryer basket with parchment paper underneath and without piling it up.
- Spray oil on top
- We cook in the airfryer at 160 ºC for 4 minutes
- We repeat the process for the other batch of meat
- We cook in the airfryer at 190 ºC for 3 minutes (all the meat)
- In a small pot, put a splash of oil with the finely chopped garlic to fry
- Add the water, soy, rice vinegar, ketchup, sugar, salt and stir well
- In a small glass we put a little water and add the 10 gr of cornstarch stirring until it dissolves
- Add the cornstarch to the pot and mix
- Put the meat in the pot, add the sesame seeds and turn off the heat.
- And we already have the sweet and sour pork recipe ready in a airfryer!
Tips for a good sweet and sour pork recipe in a airfryer
- The longer the pork marinates, the more flavor it will have when served
- Do not put all the meat in the air fryer basket and pile it up because it will not cook well (better in 2 batches and then all together)
- You can buy the sweet and sour sauce at the supermarket or follow the steps and make it homemade
- I put parchment paper in the air fryer basket so as not to spoil it as much.
- For the sauce you can use a small pot or a medium skillet
- Do not put the cornstarch directly into the pot because it can cause lumpsbetter dissolve it with a little water
- Sesame seeds are pure optional decoration
Substitution of ingredients
- Pork loin ➡️ Pork in tacos (and cut into strips) or other meat (cooking times will change)
- Soy sauce ➡️ Sweet soy sauce
- Chinese rice vinegar ➡️ Sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- White pepper ➡️ Black pepper, pink pepper or mix of peppers
- Wheat flour ➡️ Whole wheat flour, spelled flour...
- Ketchup ➡️ Fried tomato s/a or natural crushed tomato
- Sugar ➡️ Stevia, erythritol, or other sweetener