Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a very healthy recipe for sweet potato croquettes in a airfryer and with a touch of feta cheese!
Sweet potatoes are a very healthy option to add carbohydrates to our diets and can also be cooked in many ways.
The crispy sweet potato croquettes recipe also has a creamy touch that feta cheese brings but without bechamel that can be tedious to make.
The sweet potato recipe in an air fryer is very simple and we save ourselves the oily "frying" that many times makes us gain too much weight.
What I like the most about the sweet potato croquettes recipe in aifryer is the combination of sweet potato and cheese that is perfect It can also be accompanied with any sauce.
For the air fryer I have not used any accessories, I have only put the sweet potato croquettes in the basket of the air fryer with a little parchment paper so as not to stain
I recommend other healthy recipes in a airfryer such as the recipe for eggplant moussaka with tuna in air fryer or the recipe for quiche with cheese and nuts in aifryer.
If you want more recipe with sweet potato, do not hesitate to leave a comment below!
Ingredients for the sweet potato croquettes recipe in aifryer
- Sweet potato - 7 oz
- Feta cheese -0.88 oz
- Wholemeal oatmeal -0.35 oz
- 1 egg
- 1/2 piece of leek
- 1/4 piece of red pepper
- Panko - 2.11 oz
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Peel the sweet potato and roast it in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Wash and cut the pepper and leek into small cubes
- In a frying pan with a splash of Olive oil, fry the leek and pepper for 5 minutes
- Add the leek and the fried pepper together with the roasted sweet potato to the blender glass
- Add all the spices (salt, sweet paprika, oregano, thyme and nutmeg) and blend very well
- Add the diced feta cheese and with a spatula we integrate it into the mixture
- Preheat the airfryer for 5 minutes at 200 ºC
- In one bowl we prepare the beaten egg, in another the oatmeal and in another the panko
- Make balls with the mixture and pass them first through the flour, then through the beaten egg, and finally through the panko.
- Repeat the process until all the sweet potato croquettes are finished.
- Cook in the airfryer for 10 minutes at 200 ºC
- We take out and accompany with a sauce that we like
- And we already have our recipe for sweet potato croquettes in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for sweet potato croquettes in a airfryer
- For the sweet potato croquette to be crunchier you have to batter it once and then pass it again through the egg and panko (for flour it is not necessary)
- You can accompany the sweet potato croquettes with Mexican green sauce in aifryer or raspberry and piquillo pepper sauce in aifryer
- You can also cook the sweet potato in the air fryer instead of in the microwave.
- If you want the sweet potato croquette to be creamy you can add more cheese
- It is important to fry the pepper and leek well so that they do not remain hard when crushing them
- You can add more vegetables to add flavor or even a little cooked chicken
- You can spray a little Olive oil over the potato croquettes to give it a fried touch
Substitution of ingredients
- Sweet potato ➡️ Potato or sweet potato already cooked that you have frozen
- Feta cheese ➡️ Grated grana padano cheese or blue cheese
- Whole wheat oatmeal ➡️ Oatmeal or whole wheat flour or cornstarch
- Leek ➡️ Zucchini
- Red pepper ➡️ Green pepper or carrots
- Panko ➡️ Breadcrumbs
- Spices ➡️ You can add more spices or replace the ones that are with the ones you like the most