Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a terrifying cheese mummy recipe for Halloween in a airfryer that all your guests will love!
Preparing appetizers for Halloween is one of the most fun cooks of the year, kids tend to love any food that looks like a funny monster.
Today we have decided to prepare a terrifying cheese mummy recipe for Halloween in a airfryer, very easy to do even if you are in a hurry.
We will not need any mummy-shaped mold and the ingredients are easy to get.
Also below you have a section to replace all the ingredients in case you have forgotten to buy any.
The terrifying cheese mummy recipe in airfryer sIt is very easy to cook and serves as an appetizer and starter or even first course depending on the quantities.
The quantities that we have used for this Halloween recipe are for two people or for a snack.
I recommend other Halloween recipes in a airfryer like the recipe for Cinnamon Bats in Air Fryer
Ingredients for the terrifying cheese mummy recipe in air fryer
- 1 Camembert cheese
- 1 package of shortcrust pastry
- 5 prunes
- 1 grape
- 1 dried cranberry
- Egg to paint the dough
- small clay mold
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cut the cheese horizontally, so that there are two parts left (as if it were a hamburger bun)
- Remove the stone from the prunes
- Place the prunes in one of the parts so that it covers the entire half and put the other on top, closing the cheese again
- With the cheese already filled, we will go to the decoration, cut two equal slices of the grape and cut the dried cranberry in half.
- In the cheese we put first the slice of grape and on top the half of the blueberry simulating an eyeand we repeat the same process to the side to form the other eye
- Preheat the airfryer at 180 ºC for 3-4 minutes
- We spread the shortcrust pastry and cut into one-centimeter strips to simulate the mummy's bandages
- We cover the cheese with the strips wrapping it but leaving the eyes that we have put before outside
- Beat an egg and with a brush paint the dough on top
- Place the cheese in a small clay mold (your size)
- Cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 15 minutes
- And we already have our recipe for a terrifying cheese mummy in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for terrifying cheese mummy in a airfryer
- The mold that I used to cook the cheese is about the same size as the cheese so it doesn't overflow when cooking
- You can also put the cheese mummy in the air fryer basket lined with parchment paper and let it overflow for a more spooky look
- The cheese filling is a bit to taste regarding quantity
- I have used grapes and blueberries to make the eyes but Any ingredient that can be passed off as an eye (with its pupil and iris) will do.
- The combination of cheese and fruit is very rich (you can also add honey, which is a very good flavor combined with the cheese)
Substitution of ingredients
- Camembert cheese ➡️ Any cheese that keeps the same shape (or mini babybel cheeses to make mini mummies)
- Broken dough ➡️ Puff pastry or filo dough
- Prunes ➡️ Figs or dates
- Dried cranberry ➡️ Black olives or black grapes
- Small clay mold ➡️ Any mold suitable for air fryer