Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for oil-free fryer tuna dumplings that are very easy to prepare and ideal as an appetizer!
Making tuna and egg dumplings is very easy and simple.
It is better to prepare the recipe for homemade oil-free fryer tuna dumplings than to buy them in a supermarket.
In less than 15 minutes you can have all the food done and you only need a frying pan and an air fryer (I use the Innsky 5.5L air fryer)
The tuna dumplings contain egg, tomato, pepper and onion but You can remove or add the ingredients that you like the most.
If you want healthier dumplings you can add spinach or Swiss chard.
From time to time I like to prepare the recipe for tuna dumplings with Roquefort cheese which gives it a special touch.
I have been inspired by Karlos Arguiñano's recipe for tuna dumplings, although he cooks them in the oven.
I recommend trying other healthy air fryer recipes like Air Fryer Creole Potatoes Recipe or Air Fryer Cheese Muffins Recipe.
But if you want a snackyou can try the potato and zucchini chips recipe in a airfryer!
Ingredients for the tuna dumplings recipe in air fryer
- 1 can of natural tuna
- Fried tomato- 30 ml
- 1 Egg
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tbsp of roasted red pepper
- black pepper
- Olive oil
- Mini wafer pack
- 1 egg yolk
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Cook the whole egg in the airfryer at 170ºC for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with a splash of oil.
- Peel and cut the onion into small squares
- Cut the red pepper into small pieces
- Add the bell pepper, onion, black pepper and a pinch of salt to the pan
- Let cook 5 minutes
- Add the fried tomato without sugar and the tuna
- Peel, chop the egg and add it
- We remove and we remove from the fire
- Place the dumplings on a flat surface and fill with a spoonful in the center
- We fold, close the edges with a fork and prick a couple of times
- We beat an egg yolk and paint all the wafers
- Place the tuna dumplings in the fryer without touching each other
- We cook in the airfryer at 165 ºC for 3-5 minutes
- We make sure they are golden on the outside
- And we already have our recipe for tuna dumplings in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for tuna dumplings in a airfryer
- You can also cook the egg in a pot with water (15 minutes from when it starts to boil)
- Let the onion and pepper poach well so that they are not noticed when eating the empanadilla
- You can use the utensil to close dumplings that is very comfortable
- If you don't want to spend an egg yolk you can use milk to paint (it won't give it flavor)
- It depends on whether you want the dumplings more or less golden, you leave it for 3 or 5 minutes.
Substitution of ingredients
- Natural tuna ➡️ Tuna in olive oil or tuna in sunflower oil
- Fried tomato s/a ➡️ Normal fried tomato, crushed tomato, tomato concentrate or ratatouille
- Onion ➡️ Onion
- Red pepper ➡️ Green or yellow pepper
- Egg yolk ➡️ Milk (Only for painting)
- Mini wafer pack ➡️ A large puff pastry and make circles with a glass or homemade puff pastry