Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for zucchini rolls stuffed with textured soy in a airfryer, very healthy and suitable for vegetarians and vegans..
Zucchini is a vegetable that does not add much flavor, is easy to cook and can be used in thousands of different recipes.
At BiteMyRecipe we wanted to try a healthy recipe that is suitable for vegans but that everyone can eat.
Zucchini rolls stuffed with textured soy are easy to make, with cheap ingredients and without many complications in the preparation.
Also, It is a traditional recipe but adapted to the air fryer and without meat, only with soy.
Sometimes it is difficult to find recipes with textured soy and this is a very healthy recipe that you can eat as many times as you want.
The recipe for zucchini rolls stuffed with textured soy They can be accompanied with eggs, potatoes to form a first course or served as a starter to share.
At a family dinner, if you cook soy-stuffed zucchini, everyone will be delighted and they won't even know what the ingredients are, so they'll ask you for the recipe.
We recommend other recipes with which to accompany your courgettes like the avocado with egg and ham recipe in an air fryer or the puff pastry palmeritas recipe with turkey and cheese in an air fryer.
And if you want recipes with zucchini in a airfryer you can try the recipe for crispy zucchini sticks.
Ingredients for the recipe for zucchini rolls stuffed with textured soy
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 package of textured soy
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- grated mozzarella cheese
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Before starting the recipe leave the textured soybeans hydrating in warm water with salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper for 20 minutes
- With a peeler, cut the zucchini into very thin slices, reserving a small piece
- Put the zucchini slices on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- We cut the garlic, the zucchini that we had reserved and the onion into small pieces
- In a frying pan with olive oil, fry the garlic, onion and zucchini with a little salt
- When the onion and garlic are golden, add the tomato sauce and lower the heat a little.
- Remove the soy from the water, drain it and add it to the pan as well.
- Let everything integrate and heat up and add salt, black pepper and oregano to taste
- Now we mount the rolls, at the end of the zucchini slice we add a spoonful of mixture and roll it up like a roll
- We put it vertically and we fill a mold or a clay pot (in my case) until we finish with everything
- Add grated mozzarella cheese to taste and cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 4 minutes
- We already have our recipe for zucchini rolls stuffed with textured soy ready!
Tips for a good recipe for zucchini rolls stuffed with textured soybeans in a airfryer
- It is important to leave the soy moisturizing for at least 20 minutes (textured soybeans without hydrating feel bad to many people)
- It depends on whether you like the zucchini more or less al dente, you can leave it for more or less time cooking in the microwave
- The tomato sauce that I have used is homemade but you can use both crushed natural tomato, canned tomato or fried tomato
- The spices are to taste, you can choose the ones you like the most but I recommend that you add oregano to the tomato to give it a touch of good flavor
- It is not mandatory but you can put the soy stuffed zucchini rolls into the fryer basket directly without mold
- A tip that I sometimes do is to put a little natural tomato sauce in the mold and create a base before putting the zucchini rolls
Substitution of ingredients
- White Zucchini ➡️ Green Zucchini
- Textured soy ➡️ Minced meat (it would no longer be a recipe suitable for vegans and the meat would not have to be hydrated)
- Spices ➡️ You can add more or substitute although I recommend that you leave the oregano and black pepper, optionally you could also add a little parsley
- Natural tomato sauce ➡️ Sugar-free canned crushed tomato or fried tomato (with olive oil and without sugar)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese ➡️ Shredded gouda cheese, a little grana padano cheese or the one you like the most