Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for chicken stuffed zucchini in a airfryer, very healthy and easy!
Zucchini can be stuffed with meat, vegetables, it can be au gratin with cheese or steamed.
There are thousands of healthy or keto stuffed zucchini recipes as is the case with this recipe.
The recipe for chicken stuffed zucchini in a airfryer It is homemade, traditional and ideal for a light and healthy meal.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer, and I have used the microwave and a frying pan.
As you can imagine, the result is a tasty stuffed zucchini.
You can adapt the chicken stuffed zucchini recipe however you like.
It is a low carb keto recipe ideal for a ketogenic diet.
I highly recommend trying other air fryer recipes like Air Fryer Meat Stuffed Zucchini Recipe or Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients for air fryer chicken stuffed zucchini recipe
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of Thyme
- 1 tsp of chicken seasoning
- Grated mozzarella cheese- 2.8 oz
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the airfryer at 200 ºC for 3 minutes
- Cut the zucchini in half but vertically
- With a knife we make several cuts a little deep in the filling
- We cook in the microwave for 8 minutes at maximum power
- We bone and remove the skin from the chicken (better if it is already prepared)
- Place the chicken on parchment paper for air fryer in the basket
- Sprinkle salt, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and add extra virgin olive oil spray
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 10 minutes
- After half the time we turn it over with tweezers
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Peel, chop the onion very fine and add it with a pinch of salt
- Remove the stuffing from the courgettes and add it when the onion is golden
- Cut the meat into pieces and add it too
- Season with a pinch of salt and the chicken seasoning
- Mix everything well and stuff all the courgettes
- Place the courgettes in the basket and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 5 minutes
- Repeat the process until all are done.
- And we already have our recipe for zucchini stuffed with chicken in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for chicken stuffed zucchini in a airfryer
- For the zucchini to cook before micro, try wrapping it in plastic wrap
- You can also use a steamer to cook the zucchini.
- Don't forget to cook the meat first so that it has time to cool down and thus be able to cut it
- Another way to cook the drumsticks would be to prepare a broth with vegetables and cook them
- A vegan option would be the recipe for zucchini rolls stuffed with soy in a airfryer
- You can add some crushed homemade tomato to the pan
- Do not stack the zucchini on top of each other at any time
Substitution of ingredients
- Chicken thighs ➡️ Chicken minced meat, turkey thighs or taco chicken breast
- Green courgettes ➡️ White courgettes
- Onion ➡️ Garlic, spring onion or carrot
- Spices ➡️ You can add or substitute the ones you like the most
- Grated mozzarella cheese ➡️ Grated emmental, gouda or grana padanno cheese (you can remove the cheese and add a bechamel)